Pheasant Steals the Show Again
Kinetic Co-Owner, Dave Dourson, once again got rave reviews for his culinary creations featuring Pheasant at the Aiming for a Cure Foundation’s annual Celebrity Hunt. By popular demand, we’re going to go ahead and share his super secret recipe for Pheasant Corn Chowder. Enjoy!
- 6 tbsp. Butter
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped fine
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup of minced garlic or fresh
- 2 cups of diced mushrooms (optional)
- 4 tbsp. of hot sauce (franks-crystal-red hot)
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1 lb. pheasant (cut thinly-overnight bath of water, 1 tbsp. salt, 1 tbsp. pepper, 2 tbsp. corn starch)
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen corn (white corn is best)
- 2 cups of heavy cream or half & half
- NOTE: you can also add shrimp or substitute chicken in place of pheasant
- Place pheasant in large skillet on medium heat and simmer until about 60% cooked (slightly pink) then remove from heat and set aside.
- Sauté onions, celery, mushrooms and garlic in butter over medium heat until translucent or soft.
- Whisk in flour, stirring until it’s fully blended in.
- Add chicken stock and corn until the soup reaches a light boil and begins to thicken.
- Add parsley, hot sauce, pheasant and green onions and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in cream and bring to a light boil.
- Serves about 8.